POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Image mapping : Re: Image mapping Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image mapping
From: ryan constantine
Date: 17 Mar 2000 13:05:57
Message: <38D2747B.325E9DDF@yahoo.com>
first, a work around for the adding to an existing tex lib is to copy all
textures in the library to your current scene and then export them all over the
top of the original.  what i suggest is that you make a new library with a
generic name like lib01, lib02 etc, for each scene which contains textures you
want to save and then after you have a few, make an empty scene, copy the
textures you want from each and export to a new library with a meaningful name.
ex: if i recently worked on a few space scenes, and saved each scene's textures
as lib01... i would collect them all and save them as MySpaceTex or something.
sort of a pain, but if you actually do the lib01... stuff, then when you go to
export to a permanent file you may notice that some of your textures weren't as
good as you thought and therefore weed them out.  oh, well, i've gone on way too
long about this.

your second point, deleteing materials is obvious given the above.

third, image mapping.  you'll have to use MegaPov for u,v image mapping and code
it by hand.  it's not super hard once your models are built, but it would be
easier in an editor like moray.

an item i wish was in moray:  the ability to add lines to pov and inc output
that would not be erased each time you make a new save.  for example, if i want
to use megapov, i have to wait until the very end of scene construction and then
add the needed lines by hand.  not a big deal until i realize i need to change
something in moray.  okay, i just need to add the megapov stuff one more time.
oops, there's one more detail i need to fix in moray... you can see how this can
get tedious.  it would also allow for use of any features in any version of
pov.  it would be easy to implement as a comment line could be added before and
after to tell moray to leave it alone.

thanks for letting me ramble.

ryan